Happy Valentine’s Day, beetches!
If you’re reading this post because you are looking for last minute Valentine’s Day ideas for your lovah, then you should leave. Talk to our slit wrists, we’re not interested.
We’re really just posting because we have nothing better do and instead of Facebook chatting with each other about our Halloween costumes for next year (look out for an homage to Whitney Houston circa 1987) we decided to grace our readers with the Ultimate. List. Of. Daily. Picks. aka our favorite things, cue Julie Andrews.
- Notting Hill: “I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.”
- Legally Blonde: As a general rule, we always watch this movie when it is on TBS, which is usually Saturday nights at 2 am.
- You’ve Got Mail: That awkward moment when you can repeat every line from a movie where Meg Ryan is outfitted in chinos that are so baggy they could pass as harem pants.
- The Parent Trap: Is this a romantic comedy? YES. The plot line includes a steamy yet tumultuous relationship between Dennis Quaid and Natasha Richardson as well as Chessie and Martin. “Who would have thought. My nanny, your butler.”
- The Great Gatsby: “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” So. Deep. Is anyone else thinking of the green light right now?
- Endorsing Mindy Kaling’s book again. What do we have to do to get her to notice us on Twitter? Might have to adopt the Bieber Fever strategy, aka Tweet at her 1000 times.
- Without You, David Guetta
- You Were Meant For Me, Jewel
- The Winner Takes It All, Meryl Streep version
- Stanley Tucci: Srsly overlooked actor, he’s so effing versatile. Roles include the token flamboyant fashion editor in the Devil Wears Prada, pedophile/murderer in the Lovely Bones, Julia Child’s husband in Julie & Julia–someone get the Tusch an Oscar.
- Dennis Quaid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9tMITvVSKk
- Anderson Cooper: he also wins for being our favorite closeted news anchor
All Time Greatest TV Shows:
- Does Valentine’s Day make anyone else nostalgic for Friends? You could always count on one of the Friends to have worse relationship problems than you on Feb 14…
- Arthur: “And now a word from us kids” –speech impediments: been there, done that, seen the movie.
Awkward Valentine’s Day Moments:
- When your Valentine gets lost in the mail.
- When you start dating someone approximately a week before Valentine’s Day. (NB: We don’t know this to be true, but can imagine it gets kinda weird…)
Sent from my iPhone